Working with people against poverty! We envision a world free of poverty where women and men enjoy well-being and rights.
Oxfam Hong Kong is a member of the international confederation Oxfam. We are an independent development and relief agency based in Hong Kong. We work with people facing poverty and with partner organisations on development, humanitarian, policy advocacy and public education programmes. For more information on our work, please visit www.oxfam.org.hk
We are looking for a suitable person for the following position. If you are passionate about fighting against poverty and want to contribute to our poverty alleviation work, please come join us to make a difference.
- Manage research projects and prepare high quality briefing papers or materials on issues such as China economic development, foreign direct investment in China, China’s foreign direct investment overseas, corporate social responsibility, foreign aid, foreign debt relief, development of civil society in China, and China’s role in BRICSAM
- Assist in coordinating the work on monitoring and evaluation for accountability and learning undertaken by Programme Units
- Provide general administrative support to the Directorate and the Council
- Degree holder with at least 3 years’ working experience
- Research experience on China
- Extensive knowledge on development issues in China
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese, including Putonghua
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, writing and communications skills
- Proficient in computer applications including MS Office and Chinese word processing
- Identification with Oxfam’s mission and vision is highly desirable
Candidates with less experience may be considered as Assistant Research Officer
Closing date of applications: 25 July 2014
Please send your application letter, CV with current and expected salary and date of availability to Human Resources Manager, Oxfam Hong Kong, 17/F, China United Centre, 28 Marble Road, North Point, Hong Kong or by email to email@example.com or by fax to 2375 2433.
[Data collected will only be used for job application processing. Applicants not invited for interview within six weeks from the closing date may assume their applications unsuccessful. All related information will be kept up to 12 months and all personal data will be destroyed afterwards.]
Oxfam Hong Kong is an Equal Opportunities Employer