Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager (2-year Contract)
Ref no.: DIR/MELM/22/04
We envision a world free of poverty where women and men enjoy well-being and rights.
Oxfam Hong Kong is a member of the Oxfam confederation. We are an independent development and relief agency based in Hong Kong. We work with people facing poverty and with partner organisations on development, humanitarian, policy advocacy and public education programmes. For more information on our work, please visit www.oxfam.org.hk
If you are passionate about fighting against poverty and want to contribute to our poverty alleviation work, please join us to make a difference.
MONITORING, EVALUATION AND LEARNING (mEL) MANAGER (2-year contract)
The MEL Manager is responsible for enhancing monitoring, evaluation and learning system, programme information management and internal communications.
- Coordinate and provide support to Director General on the review and planning of Strategic Plan and Operational Plan among units.
- Undertake review on key project appraisal to ensure good programme quality.
- Counter check on key project partner pre-assessment in the MEL system.
- Provide MEL advisory services at project and programmme level.
- Develop strategies and plans to facilitate agency and cross-unit learning activities.
- Facilitate programme innovations, knowledge sharing, and organise training workshops.
- Represent Oxfam Hong Kong in the Confederation MEL Network.
- Communicate programme impact with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure effective mechanism on programme information management within the organisation.
- Synthesize Directors' monthly report, affiliates' plan/report and programme newsletter.
- Coordinate and support the preparation of papers by the Directorate Office on critical agency issues for internal discussion.
- Coordinate project visits of Council and Committee members.
- Undertake other functions as required by the Director General.
- A recognised degree with at least 8 years of work experience, those with relevant experience in development organisation is highly desirable; a relevant master's degree will be an advantage. Candidate with less experience will be considered as Assistant Manager.
- Has in-depth understanding and proven work experience on issues related to poverty alleviation.
- Sound knowledge in strategic/operational plans review and programme monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Excellent planning, reporting and coordination skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communications skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese, including Putonghua.
- Identification with Oxfam’s mission and vision is a must.
Closing date for application: 15 June 2022
Professionals who want to work for a good cause and are prepared to take up new challenges are invited to send their application letter, curriculum vitae with their current and expected salary and date of availability to Human Resources Manager, Oxfam Hong Kong, 17/F, China United Centre, 28 Marble Road, North Point, Hong Kong or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Oxfam Hong Kong, our culture is shaped by our values, which reinforce what we care about and how we do things. our five core values are: Justice, Empowerment, Inclusiveness, Accountability and Innovation. Learn more about Oxfam Hong Kong here: https://www.oxfam.org.hk.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us. Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
[Data collected will only be used to process job applications. Applicants who are not invited for an interview within six weeks from the closing date can assume that their application was unsuccessful. All related information will be kept up to 12 months and all personal data will be destroyed afterwards.]
Oxfam Hong Kong is an equal opportunities employer.