12 NOV 2013
Updates about Philippines Typhoon
- Oxfam currently have 3 assessment teams in the field, focusing on the worst-hit provinces of Cebu, Eastern Samar and Leyte.
- We target to provide emergency relief support to the displaced population in the 3 provinces, including 2,000 families in Daanbantayan and Bantayan islands in Cebu; 10,000 families in Eastern Samar, and 8,000 families in Tacloban in Leyte in the first 3 months.
- We will ensure access of 20,000 most vulnerable families to safe water, sanitation facilities and enable people to protect themselves from public health risks.
- Initial emergency supplies to be provided in the first 6 weeks include water kits and hygiene kits, communal temporary latrines, latrine cleaning kits and hand washing stations, mobile water treatment units, and mass water storage.
- We will also ensure affected households meet their immediate food needs and to support in the restoration of livelihoods where physically feasible within the first 3 months of response. This will include a one off grant given to 20,000 most vulnerable households to cover monthly food basket and other basic needs.